Press release template guidance notes
In this pack you will find two press release templates. One is for before an event and the other for after an event. Here are some guidelines to help you to prepare a press release and issue it to the media.
Filling out the form:
Thank you for raising money for Living with Reflux. Your efforts will help us to continue to provide support and advice to families experiencing and living with reflux on a day-to-day basis.
The press release template provides you with something that you can give to your local media to help you promote your efforts.
All you need to do it replace the bits in red with information that is relevant to you. Once completed, change the font colour to black and it’s ready to go.
Who to send it to:
Once you’ve completed your press release, you can send it to your local media (such as your local newspaper or radio station).
For up to date media contact details, visit www.mediauk.com and select radio, television, newspapers or magazines.
Once you have the contact details, you have two options:
- Send the press release to the media via the e-mail address
- Phone the newsdesk to notify them of the story and suggest sending the press release directly to a journalist
Click here for any questions
An example of a completed press release:
PRESS RELEASE August 2010
DIZZYING CHARITY HEIGHTS!
Kate Hancock will de diving from the dizzying heights to complete a sky dive for children’s charity, Living with Reflux (LWR) on 23rd September 2010.
Kate’s Godson, Jack, suffered from Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux from birth and whilst for many babies it is a normal occurrence which they grow out of by 12-15 months of age, for some like Jack it can prove much more troublesome with longer lasting symptons that require treatment.
Living with Reflux (www.livingwithreflux.org) is a charity set up by families of babies and children who suffer from Gastro-oesophageal Reflux (GOR) and Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD) to provide support and advice to families experiencing and living with reflux on a day to day basis and to increase awareness of these conditions.
Kate Hancock said: ‘Jack, who is 4 now, appears to be over the worst of his condition but these past years have not always been the easiest for him and his family. I am doing this skydive to raise funds for Living with Reflux, which is a small charity with a big message and who has helped to support us over the last few years and continues to support many families whose children may live with the lasting effects of the condition for many years to come if not a lifetime.’
You can support Kate to raise funds by donating at: http://www.justgiving.com/katehancock-LWR
Please note you can now open your own fundraising page with us via ‘virgin money giving’.
Notes to Editor
- Living with Reflux was established in February 2008 and registered as a UK charity in Oct 2009 (registered Charity no: – 1132614)
- Living with Reflux has been set up families of those with reflux to support families with Gastro-oesophageal Reflux (GOR) and Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD) and other associated conditions.
Click here for more Information.
- The charity is supported and advised by a Medical Advisory Board (MAB) and provides support, information and educational resources for medical professionals.
Click here for more Information.
- Living with Reflux aims to promote and protect the physical and mental health of sufferers of Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux (GOR) and Gastro-Oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) and their families through the provision of support, education and practical advice and promoting research into causes, treatments and possible cures of GOR and GORD; and to advance the education of the general public in all areas relating to Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux (GOR) and Gastro-Oesophageal reflux disease (GORD).
About the skydive: Please contact Kate Hancock on Tel. XXXXX email: xxxxxxxx
About LWR: Please contact Tracey Guilliatt-Parks by Email at email@example.com